Thank you for your interest in the History Center of Olmsted County.
HCOC Event Coordinator
Directs, coordinates and effectively plans events designed to raise funds, bring people to the HCOC, and/or support educational programming. An event coordinator at HCOC will work with volunteers and staff, usually as a team. In a team, they are responsible for the management/direction of the activities of the members of that team to assure that the project is completed.
Typical duties and responsibilities
- Planning, organizing, promoting, facilitating and coordinating different types of events for the HCOC or for rental events.
- Monitoring and coordinating the timeline of an event
- Preparing event reports
- Supervising and coordinating the activities of the event team
- Providing guidance and information pertaining to the event to the event developer or client
- Preparing the event budget
- Scheduling events and coordinating with other departments at HCOC
- Ensuring the event location meets building, health and safety requirement
- Participate or manage obtaining sponsorships for the events
- Assure staff and volunteers are well prepared for the event
- Develop contracts as needed for catering and bar service for events
- Oversee advertising for events
- Maintain connection to HCOC communication staff for promotion of event
- Good attention to detail
- Work well under pressure
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Works well alone or with team
- Passionate about event planning
Summer is in full swing…sun is shining, birds are chirping, and the grass is GROWING. We need volunteer mowers at the History Center to help out this summer! Fill out an application today!
The History Center is always seeking new volunteers. Please visit the volunteer page for more information. Click here for Volunteer Opportunities
The History Center offers internships to undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in a number of disciplines. Click here for more information.