Conditions of Use
The permission to use an image or other media from the collections of the History Center of Olmsted County is granted as long as the following conditions are met.
- Permission must be requested in writing or electronically using the Request for Use Form. Possession of a History Center of Olmsted County image does not constitute the permission to use it.
- Permission is for one-time, one-media, one-project use only. The History Center retains all rights to the images, and they may not be used for any other purpose than that listed on the Request for Use Form.
- Commercial users must pay the use fee in advance of receiving a permission form signed by the History Center of Olmsted County.
- Credit must be given to the History Center of Olmsted County and the creator of the work, if known.
- Credit must appear with the image or on a credit page that indicates the page number and position on the page.
- If the image used in any media is still under copyright and the copyright is not held by the History Center, the requester must seek permission from the creator of the work or from the current copyright holder. The History Center will provide the creator’s name, if known.
- The History Center of Olmsted County assumes no responsibility for infraction of copyright laws, invasion of privacy, or any other improper or illegal use that may arise from reproduction of any image. In all instances the applicant agrees to hold the museum and its agents harmless against any and all claims arising or resulting from the use of this image and shall indemnify the museum and its agents for any and all costs and damages arising or resulting from any such unauthorized use.
- Photographs may be cropped to suit design and layout, but they may not be altered, colorized, or drawn upon without a letter of permission in addition to a signed permission form.
- The History Center reserves the right to decline permission to publishers, producers and individuals who have not complied with these conditions.
- The History Center reserves the right to require a copy of the publication, production, broadcast or any compiled, finished work as part of this use agreement. Please send to: Research Center, History Center of Olmsted County, 1195 West Circle Drive SW, Rochester, MN 55902-6619.
- All users MUST give credit to the History Center of Olmsted County if an image or other media are to be used in a published or non-published form.
- Examples of credit would be a reference to our website for further information, such as “Courtesy of the History Center of Olmsted County: www.olmstedhistory.com” or “The History Center of Olmsted County can be reached at 507-282-9447 for photo reproductions and research assistance.”